Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Did Notifications Stop on Both iPhones?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
-MIKE-
Star
Star

We still get notifications on our iPad, but we stopped getting notifications on both iPhones: 6s & 7.  
We changed nothing on our phones.  It just stopped sending notifications.  
Yes, I checked the settings.  As I stated, we changed nothing on our phones.  

11 REPLIES 11
-MIKE-
Star
Star

I just went through about a 30-minute online chat with customer support and we went through their entire checklist of thing to check and doublecheck.
It's still not working.  
All they could tell me was to contact Apple support.  
Thanks for nothing, guys.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

-MIKE-,

Are you logged into the app on both of your iOS devices? Are these devices using shared accounts with the Grant Access feature?

JamesC

-MIKE-
Star
Star

All of those parameters have been in effect when the app was performing correctly in the past.  
It has worked perfectly up until some magical point in time where it stopped working correctly.  
I changed nothing on any/all devices.  It went from working on all 3 devices to not working on the iPhones, only.  

-MIKE-
Star
Star

This has never been resolved.  
We're still not getting notifications on our iPhones.  

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Are all your Apps 2.5.4 on these devices? I would do this for compatibility reasons.. Have you tried logging out and delete App and re-install back and login again? Re-check your Grant Access for sharing and make sure email notifications are checked?.. If all fails, delete the Grant Access and redo the whole thing over.. With all these new updates Arlo pushed thru, anything can happen to our systems and this is one of them you're experiencing.. 

-MIKE-
Star
Star

Yes, it's the latest release.   

I'm not talking about email notifications.  I'm talking about the phone alerts.  

It works on our iPad but not on our iPhones.  

I've tried a dozen different combinations of settings/deletions/uninstalls/reinstalls, etc/etc/etc.  
I've done everything arlo has told me to do and they finally just blamed it on Apple and told e to ask them about it.  

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@-MIKE- wrote:

Yes, it's the latest release.   

I'm not talking about email notifications.  I'm talking about the phone alerts.  

It works on our iPad but not on our iPhones.  

I've tried a dozen different combinations of settings/deletions/uninstalls/reinstalls, etc/etc/etc.  
I've done everything arlo has told me to do and they finally just blamed it on Apple and told e to ask them about it.  

Have you checked your Modes --> Rules --> Camera --> Push Notification(Bottom Page) make sure is checked? 

Have you gone over to your Grant Access --> Click the name(make sure it says Accepted) --> Edit (on top right) --> Allow Access Rights --> slide it to turn green ??

Make sure you Allow Notification on your iPhone too.. 

Am doing these steps on the App not on the Web.. So might be a little different but it should have the same outcome.. 

If you've done these things, and still fails then there's something else is going on your device.. Have you updated your iOS? 

Create a new Arlo Account is another way to try.. It's a bit of a hassle though as a last resort option.. 

Goodluck!

-MIKE-
Star
Star

I've checked all those things.  
This is not a case of not being able to get the process to work from the beginning.  

It worked fine for a while then just stopped working.  
The weird part is it's still working on the iPad, but not the iPhones.  

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@-MIKE- wrote:

I've checked all those things.  
This is not a case of not being able to get the process to work from the beginning.  

It worked fine for a while then just stopped working.  
The weird part is it's still working on the iPad, but not the iPhones.  

I hear you... but with all these updates Arlo released recently, there could be a bug somewhere.. Again, it's strange that so far you're the only one experiencing it.. 

Any firewall or vpn setup? Check if your devices are allowed or anything that nature.. 

Did you create 3-unique Accounts for this particular setup? or Is it only One Account for all 3?

-MIKE-
Star
Star

The only way I could set it up was with 3 separate accounts, using "Grant Access" to the other 2 accounts.

That's the only way you can use multiple devices and all access the cameras at the same time.  If you try to use 1 account on multiple devices, it logs you out saying that you are already using it on another device.  

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@-MIKE- wrote:

The only way I could set it up was with 3 separate accounts, using "Grant Access" to the other 2 accounts.

That's the only way you can use multiple devices and all access the cameras at the same time.  If you try to use 1 account on multiple devices, it logs you out saying that you are already using it on another device.  

For a test.. Try logging in the main account to all 3 devices and see if you get all 3 notifications working..

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation