Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
damianwylie
Tutor
Tutor

I succeeded in talking through my camera using my Win 7 computer and google chrome, however when I tried to speak through the camera using my iPhone 6 i could only hear audio that the mic on the camera was picking up but the camera would not deliver audio from my Iphone6 when I was using the Iphone 6 app. In summary, this system is a 1 way audio device for Iphone 6 users. 

I've extensively fished through forums, this community forum, and other sources to troubleshoot the 2 way audio problem. I even called support. The support team was kind but claimed this problem was "rare" (yet I found 20+ issues on forums about 2 way audio not working...). They asked me to do the following:

1. Verify the app has access to the mic (no brainer)

2. Verify the correct version of the app was downloaded (i installed the latest version the day I opened/tested the system, which was today)
3. Cycle my phone on and off. (this isn't windows software...obviously cycling did nothing)

4. Try using LTE vs Wifi. (this defeats the purpose of having a security system that I need to use at 3am when I'm in bed. My phone is going to be connected to Wifi! I will not cycle it off just to use the audio. Nonetheless I tried it anyways and nothing happened, the 2 way audio still didn't work). 

Its apparent that product management and/or engineering isn't taking this issue seriously given the lack of CS support knowledge on this issue, the number of (growing) issues posted in the forums, and the lack of a root cause/fix. I'm returning the Arlo pro system I bought on xmas 2016 and will look at alternatives.  

68 REPLIES 68
002ten
Star
Star
The last time it worked was when the Carrier was updated.
kvnguyen
Guide
Guide
Yes, it works after I update the carrier settings. But The sound from the camera mic to the phone is barely heard.
Ducky007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too have the issue where it tells my the camera setting is disabled. But it shows as enabled.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

002ten
Star
Star
Hi JamesC! I have updated the Arlo app and the 2way mic is still not working for Tmobile LTE. Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

002ten,

Thank you for the feedback. I have escalated this to engineering and will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

kvnguyen
Guide
Guide
Just updated the apps and 2-way audio is now working 🙂 on iPhone 7 running IOS 10.3.2 AT&T. Thank you for the fix.
skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated the app also, I have an iPhone 6 IOS 10.3.2 AT&T. The 2 way audio does work now, however I do notice sometimes there is a delay for the first 1-2 seconds of speech, it cuts out. Sometimes it happens other times it doesn't. I will keep trying it out over the next couple of days.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

002ten
Star
Star
hi kvnguyen and skysigns. Does it also work when you use At&T LTE? Without wifi? Thanks!
kvnguyen
Guide
Guide
@002ten, it works over LTE. Did you do a carrier update? Settings->General->About. Mine show AT&T 28.4
002ten
Star
Star
Thanks kvnguyen. I have Tmobile. There's no carrier update yet. My issue got fixed after the last carrier update. I've been telling this to Arlo's techs.
skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice
For AT&T it does work without wifi. Also the sound doesn't seem to cut out anymore, seems to work well.
cv888
Aspirant
Aspirant
can a person ingranted access for the app still speak on the 2 way? or the primary account only?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cv888,

Yes. Be sure "Allow Access Rights" is checked for the user granted access and they should be able to use push to talk on the shared camera.

JamesC

socal302
Aspirant
Aspirant

No longer have my 2 way talk icon on my iPhone7(latest update 10.3.2)What's going on Netgear ? 

002ten
Star
Star
Same with mine. No 2way icon after the latest Arlo update.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

socal302, 002ten

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new iOS version of the Arlo Mobile app is available for download. Please make sure to update the latest iOS version. You can see the release notes here: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.2 - 14th June 2017

JamesC