Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CM7261
Aspirant
Aspirant
About a month ago I cut the cord on my cable and lowered my internet speeds From 200 Mbps to 60 Mbps to save money of course. Ever since then my arlo pro base station goes offline very frequently. I have removed the base station and re-synced it to my router. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the download speed that's most important but the upload speed.  Measure by using speedtest.net.  It may be thaat it's an ISP issue since it worked well before.

If you want, try a reset by removing everything from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Might be worth rebooting the router, too.

Realscottyl
Aspirant
Aspirant
What's the minimum upload speed? I'm uploading at about 11 and am having the same problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The minimum spec is 1Mb/s but if you have multiple cameras streaming at once at the highest quality, that is sure to be a limitation.  If yours is 11Mb/s, you shouldn't have an issue.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Requirements

• High-speed Internet connection–

minimum 1 Mbps upstream recommended

• Available port on your router

I'm using 4 Arlo pro cameras, smartthings, LIFX, 2 Echo's on a 6Mbps down 2Mbps up connection and it all works fine, so you're good on the upload speed.

CM7261
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro systems continues to go off line on a daily basis. I have removed and reset the system and reinstalled but it continues to go offline. What should I do?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

CM7261 wrote:
Arlo pro systems continues to go off line on a daily basis. I have removed and reset the system and reinstalled but it continues to go offline. What should I do?

It's possible that either the modem/router is dropping the connection briefly or your internet connection is dropping briefly making your arlo base go offline, and since the arlo pro base doesn't have the ability to reconnect to the internet after a loss of internet connection it doesn't reconnect like the rest of your devices probably do. So since everything is back online after the brief internet connection loss, except arlo, you may not even notice that it's really your modem/router dropping the connection or something wrong with your internet connection (on the pole, in the ground, a wire, a splitter, etc).

You could go into your router admin config page and see if it has some logging fucntions. If so, turn on logging, and the next time the base if offline check the logs and see if the internet connection dropped.