Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DebbieShell
Follower
Follower

Do  you have to save to cloud. After the 3 months, do I have to pay for storage?

Is there any way to save to a card or save on my computer?

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@DebbieShell

For the first 5 cameras in your system 7day cloud storage is free. You will not need to upgrade your free plan until you exceed 5 cameras. All videos are stored in the cloud. If you own a Pro base station, there are two slots where you can duplicate these videos locally by using either USB flash drives or external USB hard drives up to 4 TB, but these slots are only for backup storage. These videos on the local storage drives can not be seen umless you remove the drive and plug them into your computer. If your videos are important you need to download them to your computer before they are deleted, just to have a third location for backup storage. After 7 days, the videos from day 1 will be deleted etc.

Brian

waynejames2602
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine stop recording after 2 days with about 40 video's of 20sec long, had to wipe them out and then it started again, that cannot be 1GB of video.

Please clarify how much each video takes!

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have no idea how big the videos are when on the cloud server, but on my USB drive, most videos are 2-3 MB for about 30 second long recordings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can figure out sizes by downloading a few. Space isn't a limitation and hasn't been for a long time - while stated as a limitation, it hasn't been enforced.  I'm WAY over the limits of my plan.  It's only the time for your plan that currently matters.