Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rdgwd
Guide
Guide

I really wanted to love my Arlo Pro system.  Who doesn't love the design and the idea of a great home video surveillance system that's virtually plug and play? It'll even send you alerts, email messages, play nice with other cool gadgets, and help protect your family and possessions from those pesky burglars and worse among us.  It'll capture precious moments of the kids with their parents and grandparents, their first step, Juniors first catch, and all the great moments we have in life.

I tried guys.  Those of you that have a nearly flawless experience with the Arlo Pro system ... fantastic.  I just packaged her up with all of her accessories and will be taking her back to big blue in the morning.  

The first day went good.  I went and bought Arlo Pro and hub.  The day went great.  Hook-up was a breeze.  The second day went great.  Day 3, I went back to big blue and bought the 4 they had on the shelf and accessories.  If they would've had 4 more I would've bought those too.  I get home and hook everything up, again it was a breeze, everything was working properly.  Sure I got alerts all night long, but I figured it was just a sensitivity issue and I'll make some adjustments in the morning.  That's when all hell broke loose.  I couldn't even functionably use the web app or ios app.  This happened for quite a while, then the camera problems started:  washed out colors, not being able to see one of my cameras, no hub can be seen, but all green lights are on, etc.  Removed cameras and added them back, well that fixed the issue with the washed out colors, and the camera on the front porch that I couldn't see.  Then the hub problems started a few hours later.  Tried to remove and add it back, no go.  Tried again, same thing.  Tried again, same thing.  Tried resetting the hub, still nothing.  Tried again, still nothing.  Finally, enough is enough.  I paid a good chunk of money for this system, and would've bought 4 more cameras and accessories, but enough is enough.  Remember this isn't a couple of guys in a garage somewhere in middle America.  Netgear is a multi-billion dollar global empire. 

So long everyone and good luck. 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rdgwd,

I would like to offer assistance with the issues you are describing.

The false recordings you are receiving at night is a known issue that is affecting a small number of users. Engineering is currently investigating this and working hard on providing a solution.

The other behavior you describe sounds like it could be connectivity issues, possibly due to WiFi interference. One way to isolate this further would be to relocate the base station (away from any other wireless devices if possible) close to the cameras to see if you still get the same behavior.

If you would like further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC