Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

new cell phone - what to do?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
richez2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I update my existing cell phone number on my account for a new phone to receive text alerts? 

How do I add a 2nd cell phone to my account to receive text alerts?  

I'm new to Arlo and couldn't find how to do either of the above.  Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richez2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured it out!  Under Grant Access, I had the cameras selected but I didn't have the base station selected.  Once I added the base station, she started to get push notifications.  Viola!  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

first... you prob mean Pushes ( no sms from arlo unless you use your provider to convert email to sms ) or email....

Emails are easy and you can add quite a few ...Go to mode, picke the mode your using  ( like ARMED ), click on the > or edit Capture.JPG

Add other email into the + line and save

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
richez2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I do mean pushes.  How/where do I get pushes sent to both my cell phone and my wife's cell phone?  If we both are able to receive them, can we both login to my account concurrently to view content?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All you need to receive push notifications on both phones is to have the app installed and be logged in.  To that end, the master account holder should use Settings, Grant Access to the other's email address. Follow the emailed directions and both people can be logged in at once and receive notifications as well as view videos, etc.

richez2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having trouble getting push notifications to the "friend" phone.  She can go into her account and see video so that part is working.  Any suggestions on how to get her push notifications to her phone?  She has notifications on her iPhone set to allow notifications fromt the Arlo app.  Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have the push notofocations on your phone or are they turned off in your modes?  Push notifications are global - turning them off in your modes turns them off for everyone.

richez2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured it out!  Under Grant Access, I had the cameras selected but I didn't have the base station selected.  Once I added the base station, she started to get push notifications.  Viola!