Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q will not connect to Netgear server

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
oldthor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have  a single Arlo Q camera , Model VMC3040. We bought it to use at my Mother's house at Thanksgiving, but it would not complete the discovery process at her house, even though we could see it was connected to her WIFI network through WIFI diagnostics. Then tried to install at my daughter's house in another town to confirm camera was not the problem. I was able to complete connection and installation, and generated clips for the on-line library and it was sending me alerts. Total success in the test at her house. I then returned home from vacation to install at my house (we live on opposite sides of the country). I reset (paper clip in the reset hole).I went through installation again, and was able to see that it was connected to the WIFI network but it would not complete the discovery process (same symptom I had at my Mother's house). I have a Netgear Orbi router with two satellite stations and I can confirm both with my Windows 10 PC and Apple 6S Netgear APP that Arlo Q is on the network, but Arlo Q will not complete discovery.  I have tried to install Arlo Q both with Arlo App for Apple 6S as well as Windows 10 PC App on the network. Same unsuccessful result.  I originally purchased for my Mom, and plan B was just to install at home. Since both have failed, I'm close to just returning the camera to Netgear. Any suggestions appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oldthor
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Did you remove the camera from Settings, My Devices before resetting?

Thanks.  I don't believe I had done that.  I have now.  After doing that, initially I still could not connect to my WIFI network. Accidentally I found I could connect to my Guest Network just fine.  I then removed that WIFI configuration, reset again, and eventually was able to connect to the main WIFI network.  Thanks for suggestion...that might have been the fix, but given my initial failure on my Mom's WIFI before anything device got added, I'm not sure what the problem(s) were, and of course may have been a different problem on my Mom's network vs. my network.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

oldthor
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Thanks.  I don't believe I had done that.  I have now.  After doing that, initially I still could not connect to my WIFI network. Accidentally I found I could connect to my Guest Network just fine.  I then removed that WIFI configuration, reset again, and eventually was able to connect to the main WIFI network.  Thanks for suggestion...that might have been the fix, but given my initial failure on my Mom's WIFI before anything device got added, I'm not sure what the problem(s) were, and of course may have been a different problem on my Mom's network vs. my network.