Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Trodge
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a house alarm which works from the wifi system that the camera operates from. Each time the alarm is turned on it seems the camera has to be re-entered into the system. Is this normal? What is the best way to overcome ths problem? Help!

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What alarm have you got? What router have you got? What internet connection have you got? What do you mean you have to re-enter the camera into the system? Is it just one camera that needs to be re-sync'd?

Trodge
Aspirant
Aspirant
The alarm is from Paradox Security Systems called the Spectra Security System. The router is from Huawei Technologies Co Ltd called the Home Gateway. Model HG630B. S/N S8g8w14730007042. We have ADSL connection. You are quite correct in assuming I meant there is just one camera to be re-sync'd. I hope this information is adequate for a solution to the problem.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds like you could be in New Zealand?

I would try changing to channel that your router works on (2.4GHz band) to 1, 6, or 11 and see if that makes a difference

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if your alarm is interfering with the WiFi connection to that camera.  You can swap cameras to see if the issue is with the camera or with the location. If it's the location, temporarily put your camera someplace else near the base to see if it still goes offline when the alarm system activates.