Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 new upgraded app, cant see videos

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Twinjazz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upgraded app as asked. Now I can't see videos like I use to. They appear on the hub storage settings but only for today. I can't see other days at all. How is this fair? I have tired calling and Arlo is impossible to speak to someone. I do not pay for service therefore I am not a customer? Wth? I have Arlo 3 for 4 years and loved it, now I hate it and will never buy another again unless this is solved. I have 7 camera as and a base and no longer have the freedom to look at my recordings unless I pull the thumb drive to view? How is this fair? I understand that the company is pushing for a service fee of 14 a month per camera  but Arlo 3 is the only one that is free to view recordings and now you want to piss off all of your Arlo 3 customers? Help or I bounce to another company that treats their customers better...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Viewing Feed will reset the counters for each camera to 0.

Have you tried using the calendar icon at the top of Feed to change the date for viewing? Have you checked the Feed Settings (use the 3 dot menu at the top of Feed) to verify no filters are set?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Twinjazz1 wrote:

but Arlo 3 is the only one that is free to view recordings 

The Pro 3 has always required a subscription for cloud recordings.  If you are talking about local storage, then that is a feature of the VMB4540 and VMB5000 bases, not the cameras.

@Twinjazz1 wrote:

They appear on the hub storage settings but only for today. 

I've been on "Feed" for quite a while now, and I am seeing local recordings for the past 30 days in the app.

Did you just upgrade?  Perhaps wait until tomorrow, and see if both days are shown.

Twinjazz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4540 and have always been able to see the videos both today and back several.days. now I can view live 7 cameras and see what's recorded TODAY ONLY

1000016991.jpg

Twinjazz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notice cameras say 0. Yet there has been activity and I can't see them unless I go to hub where it shows only today

1000016990.jpg

Twinjazz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went through Alro chat with no resolution. I deleted app and reinstalled. I ejected thumb drive and formatted it. There is no problem with the drive at all

So it's the app software upgrade that is not allowing me to view my complete recordings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Viewing Feed will reset the counters for each camera to 0.

Have you tried using the calendar icon at the top of Feed to change the date for viewing? Have you checked the Feed Settings (use the 3 dot menu at the top of Feed) to verify no filters are set?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Feed isn't relevant, since @Twinjazz1 is using local storage. When I scroll down in storage settings, I see all 30 days of recordings.  

Of course when you reformat the drive, you lose all the recordings that were on it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just looked at my local recordings and only see today's recordings. Using the calendar icon in Storage Settings allows me to see previous days' recordings. This is a change from previous behavior.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I just looked at my local recordings and only see today's recordings. Using the calendar icon in Storage Settings allows me to see previous days' recordings. This is a change from previous behavior.

Interesting.  I'm not seeing that change (at least not yet).  No calendar icon in my Storage Settings

Twinjazz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK... so yesterday that calandar wasnt allowing me to change days. After erasing the videos and reloading app, the calendar feature is allowing me to change days and see events from yesterday. (however I deleted all videos).  So I think the problem has been resolved. 🙂