Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base and cameras offline AGAIN!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Raesv1
Star
Star
  1. Is Arlo down again? Ive had nothing but problems for the past 6 months. Cameras on and off. I finally got it back working after the “update” last week then the whole thing went offline again twice now. I had to gather all the cameras again and reinstall everything. Got it back to working again yesterday evening and this morning it was fine. I got to work and checked the cameras to check on my dog and it wouldn’t come up on the app or the web browser. Also there were no recording all day including when I left which should have been recorded on two cameras, and it should have picked up my animals and cars moving in my drive way. It didn’t record me when I came back home. I check again and the cameras still won’t record. I do the unplug, reset, and all that again wait awhile and now the base and all cameras are offline. What good are security cameras that don’t work? They worked great for almost 3 years and now I might as well not even have them. Getting really tired of this mess.
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Raesv1,

What is the LED behavior/colors on the base station? Do you see the same behavior when accessing using a different device (web client/mobile app)?

JamesC

Raesv1
Star
Star

All three lights are green. It’s pretty much the same as far as the app compared to web browser. I can see the live cameras a little easier in the browser and the recorded library a little easier on the app. When it records and everything is online that is.

I ended up having to remove the base AGAIN (this is the fourth time since the update on 3/14/18) then slog through the snow and climb to gather all my cameras and sync them all again, then slog back through the snow and climb to put the cameras back. They’re working ok right now but this keeps happening over and over. It’s not easy to do, they’re no longer reliable, and since I have the original cameras I’m spending way too much on batteries. I’ve had them for 2-3 years and they worked great but started having a few problems about 6 months ago but nothing big, one camera messing up at a time and having to sync again, another camera going all pink, a different one not using night vision. Then when the update went through I might as well not have any cameras for all the good they’ve done me. 

Raesv1
Star
Star

And now one camera is already giving trouble, only recording a solid light grey screen. I can see the camera live on the web browser but it takes about a minute for it to play.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Raesv1,

It sounds like this could be a range or interference issue. What does the signal strength icon show for the camera that is behaving poorly?

JamesC

Raesv1
Star
Star

Different cameras, different ranges. One is far away with one bar showing for range, one is about 20 feet away on the other side of a wooden wall with all bars showing, and one is about 10 feet away in the same room with all bars showing. They’re all working again but very slow to bring up the live view. On the iPad app It usually takes about 5 tries of clicking play, loading, going back to the play screen, click play again, and over and over about 5 times before it actually plays live. On the browser it’s the same thing only it works in about 2-3 clicks on play. 

The cameras worked great for 2-3 years. The locations and equipment hasn’t changed. It seems with each update it gets less reliable.