Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery drains in just over a week

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

HELP PLEASE IM AT MY WITS END. I HAVE 3 arlo wirefree camera’s two outside one inside, the one inside is giving me grief it drains its batteries so quickly an£ I can find no reason for this . All the setting to all cameras are set th3 same but just the internal camara is draining the batteries in just ove4 a week the others have been going strong for months. I only arm the cameras when I go out and that usually only for about half a day and maybe only twice a week . PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP I AM TOTALY BAFFLED . 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual culprits are either the total number of recordings and live viewing per day (<5 minutes per day is needed for spec battery life) or a connection problem between the base and camera. A first thing to try is to swap cameras around to see what happens. That will help determine if it's the camera or location.

203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

I have changed the cameras around I.e. swapped the out side for the inside and it seems that it’s the camera not the location to the base station , just to clarify for the most part the arlo is kept in disarmed mode and only armed if I leave the house ( it is not recording at all times) and over the course of eleven days from the new batteries going in to them going flat the system has been armed for maybe just two afternoons a week. The batteries in my othe4 cameras are still showing 73% and these where put in months ago. The camera that I am having problems with the batteries going flat has had the batteries changed 4 times since new batteries were put in all cameras. This cannot be right but I cannot see what is set any different to the other ok cameras , I am so frustrated with this issue as it’s only one camera is draining the batteries and it’s costing a small fortune

brh
Master
Master

@203ivy

It very well could be a defective camera especially if the problem folllows the camera no matter what you do. Is the camera under warranty? If so, contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of this page.

I had a problem when I first purchased my cameras, (although it now appears to be fixed), was that the camera was located on my back porch which never had enough light. Even though the camera was disarmed, every time someone would walk by the camera, the red IR lights would flash and the batteries would only last me a few weeks.

Just for testing purposes, turn off the Night Vision and see if that helps.

If not, as I said before, contact Customer Support.

Brian

203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

The camera with the issue is in my hallway , if I turn off night mode will this mean it will not pick up images in the dark? Also the camera has been in the same position for almost twelve months and only recently has stated draining the batteries , before about two months ago the batteries lasted well and all setting were the same then as now 

brh
Master
Master

@203ivy

I'm not ruling out that the camera is getting old, but I suggested turning off the night vision as a test. If that improves the situation, solutions can be made later. Just want to try a few things in case it wasn't the camera.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also consider removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. That sometimes helps if it's not a hardware issue.