Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing can't complete setup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ironhands
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

Have just set up my arlo device with 5 cameras. Everything good apart from geofencing. I go into the set up procedure and enter all the details needed. Complete the set and and get the 'You are set up OK' message. Yet when I then try and enable geofencing I'm just taken straight back to the set up screen again as if I have never run through the setup procedure?

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, turning the iphone on/off and nothing seems to work.

Any sugestions/ideas/

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ironhands,

Some users have experienced issues with Geofencing setup on iOS devices when their iOS device has special characters in it's name (JamesC's Iphone).

Try renaming your iOS device to something without special characters (JamesCsIphone) and see if you still experience an issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ironhands,

Some users have experienced issues with Geofencing setup on iOS devices when their iOS device has special characters in it's name (JamesC's Iphone).

Try renaming your iOS device to something without special characters (JamesCsIphone) and see if you still experience an issue.

JamesC

Ironhands
Aspirant
Aspirant
You Sir are a genius!!!

Thanks for that. It worked perfectly.