× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

AC2000 WAC124 Access Point Issue

SimoniMilloni
Aspirant

AC2000 WAC124 Access Point Issue

I want to use my AC2000 WAC124 just as an extender from my house to my garden office via the Ethernet cable. So same BT network, same BT password.

Instead it keeps on showing the Netgear-1 wireless network on my PC and I can’t see the BT network to select. 

I have enabled Wireless Access Point and applied but makes no difference - all i can see is the wireless network. 

How do I just use it as an extender without having to connect to a different network each time i go into my office?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: AC2000 WAC124 Access Point Issue

You can change the default SSID from Netgear-1 to whatever SSID you want to be set.

WAC124-SSID.PNG

Message 2 of 4
SimoniMilloni
Aspirant

Thanks but it’s not the name - it’s about having one network through my house and office rather than at the moment, i have to disconnect from my house BT network and connect to the NETGEAR network in my office as I move between the two. I just want to extend the BT house network using the NETGEAR router, not create a new network

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

So you configure the same SSID as in place on your BT router, and set the same security mode and passphrase, isn't it?

it's perfectly configurable - just no click and play. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements