× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Connecting WAC124 as Access Point to Nighthawk 1750 Router

MMP1974
Tutor

Connecting WAC124 as Access Point to Nighthawk 1750 Router

I am not getting Internet to WAC124.  Connections as follows: Modem to Nighthawk 1750 Router Internet port (internet works fine from this router to devices), then connection from Lan port on Nighthawk to Internet port on WAC124.  Wifi signal from WAC124 is fine, but no Internet at devices trying to access it.  Any thoughts?  Thanks, 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting WAC124 as Access Point to Nighthawk 1750 Router

What modem do you have? 

What router do you have? AC1750 is a speed, not a model. 

Is the WAC124 setup in router mode or access point mode? (should have both)

Message 2 of 4
MMP1974
Tutor

So, I have a Spectrum modem, connected to a R6400v2 Nighthawk router.  I connected to that router's LAN port and ran the cable to the WAC124 located in another part of house, and connected to the WAC124's Internet port.  So got it fixed - with this method:  (1) Took WAC124 and connected it to my computer via hard ethernet cable; (2) logged onto Netgear account and through some "clicking around" found the advanced feature to change it from "router" to "access point" mode; (3) took modem back upstairs, replugged it in, and viola!  Fixed password and admin codes as well.  There are probably easier ways to do this, but thanks for your reply.  Netgear should include these instructions for "non-techies" like me in the future.  Thanks!!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

Yes, it should be in access point mode. I think that's the default mode so not sure why it was in router mode. 

But either way its working. Good work and thanks for replying. 

Might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements