× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Location Map for WAC730 Deployment

martinav
Guide

Location Map for WAC730 Deployment

I have 5 WAC730 APs.  I was looking for some general reccomendations for locating the APs to make a mesh with our WC7500 controller.  I  have seen similar maps for other brands.  

How far apart to place them, coverage field (I assume spherical?).  Mix of upstairs/downstairs... etc. etc.  Something like the attached, but with spacing, etc.

Thanks,
Rod

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Location Map for WAC730 Deployment

Hi martinav,

It will still depend on how you wanted the wireless range it can coverage. 

You may also check the manual for WiFi Equipment Placement and Range Guidelines(page 13).

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi martinav,

It will still depend on how you wanted the wireless range it can coverage. 

You may also check the manual for WiFi Equipment Placement and Range Guidelines(page 13).

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@martinav,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements