× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC124 Guest network client isolation

Paris_OSS
Follower

WAC124 Guest network client isolation

Just purchased and installed a WAC124 specifically to use the 'isolated' third SSID so that guests can access the internet but not devices on the other SSID's or my LAN devices. However, all devices on the LAN are visible from a laptop connected to SSID #3. The WAC124 is in Access Point mode, attached to my Cisco router via a switch.

The documentation seems to suggest that wireless users on the third SSID should only be able to access the internet but this is not so. Is my setup faulty or is this isolation not possible in this configuration?

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC124 Guest network client isolation

@Paris_OSS,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Each wireless network of the WAC124 is isolated to each other. Therefore, wireless clients connected to SSID 1 cannot communicate to the wireless clients connected to SSID 2 & SSID 3 (the same goes for SSID 2 and SSID 3). 

What is the current firmware version of your WAC124?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade it then check if the same problem occurs.  The latest  WAC124 firmware is v1.0.4.6 and you can download it here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
just-answers
Aspirant

Re: WAC124 Guest network client isolation

Hi

Did you get this resolved? I just posted similar observation with my WAC510 running latest firmware. I had never tested it before so don't know if it ever worked before.

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements