× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX610 client isolation not working

wujj123456
Initiate

WAX610 client isolation not working

I read this thread here, I have same problem on WAX610 with latest firmware V9.3.0.6.

AP isolation still would need every device to be able to talk to gateway, just not each other. Thus it needs to figure out the gateway MAC. It's also very annoying that the message doesn't tell me which SSID is affected, though from experience, all SSIDs with AP isolation are affected. Meanwhile, the status page clearly showed the correct gateway and it should have been able to get the gateway MAC.

The isolation itself does seem to work after initial configuration. Once I enabled it, my client can no longer talk to other devices on same SSID. However, the good news only lasted until I reboot the AP. Afterwards, all clients connected to SSIDs configured with AP isolation won't be able to get IP address anymore. I get same "Unable to get gateway mac to configure client isolation" message. That means the message is indeed real, since the DHCPDISCOVER request needs to go through gateway to my router in order to obtain an IP for the device. I guess it worked during initial configuration only because connected devices have their gateway configured already.

I originally thought perhaps that's because I blocked my AP from obtaining IP address on some VLANs, but allowing that doesn't change anything.

Seems that this AP isolation feature is broken. I just got my device, so I can't say whether this feature worked on previous firmware.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
wujj123456
Initiate

Re: WAC510 client isolation not working

This has been fixed in firmware 9.5.1.20 for my WAX610. I see similar note regarding client isolation for WAC510 in the latest firmware 9.5.1.2. Hopefully, this has fixed for you as well.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
wujj123456
Initiate

Re: WAC510 client isolation not working

This has been fixed in firmware 9.5.1.20 for my WAX610. I see similar note regarding client isolation for WAC510 in the latest firmware 9.5.1.2. Hopefully, this has fixed for you as well.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements