× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX620 AP Client Isolation Exception Not working

Batman-15
Tutor

WAX620 AP Client Isolation Exception Not working

Good morning!

I have a WAX620 access point with four SSIDs. To secure it, I enabled client isolation on all 4 SSIDs. However, I need to exempt one device on one of the SSIDs that I am connected to so I can play music through my Apple Airport wireless basestation speakers. To accomplish this, I added the basestations static IP address to the exception list of the SSID and then applied the change. No joy! I The only way I can access the Apple Airport wireless basestation and speakers is to completely turn off client isolation on this SSID. Has anybody else run into this issue and is there a patch or workaround?

Much gratitude in advance for any and all answers!

Message 1 of 4
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAX620 AP Client Isolation Exception Not working

Hi @Batman-15 

Could you please add both wireless client IP in that SSID allow list (wireless apple airport speaker, laptop) and check?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 4
Batman-15
Tutor

I believe you're asking me to add the computers IP that is trying to access the base station who's IP is already in the allow list. If that is the case I've already tried that. No joy! If that is not what you meant then please give me a little more detail and I will test accordingly.

Best regards Mark

Message 3 of 4
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Batman-15 

Could you please send your config backup via PM?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements