Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 - BendBroadband (Bend, Oregon)

buckZor
Guide

CM1000 - BendBroadband (Bend, Oregon)

Just a pre-purchase question, has anyone had success with the CM1000 Cable Modem in Bend, Oregon?  BendBroadband is our provider, they are owned by TDS parent company.  I called support and was assured it would work, but .. I see many posts in the forum of people struggling and I'd rather avoid the hassle.  Interested in the future-proofing provided by the CM1000 obviously.

Side note: Model list still doesn't have CM1000 as an option. 

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

I would check with the ISP first instead of vendor support. If ISP says it can work, there is a good likelihood. 

we dont generally certify with BendBroadband and we have heard about any certification program with them. 

do you have certified modems link from Bend's Website? 

Message 2 of 13
buckZor
Guide

I have contacted my provider and they simply state that they support all DOCSIS 3.0 modems and give no brand/model recommendations.  They do say that if there are problems getting the modem to work on their system that they would have to defer me to the vendor for support.

I've ordered the modem, it will be at my home tomorrow.

Message 3 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

let us know how it works. You will most likely face problem with upgrading FW if they dont want to upgrade your device. 

Let us know what happens. 

Message 4 of 13
buckZor
Guide

That is definitely one of my concerns, I've heard that the .15 firmware revision is solving problems for some people.  If my ISP doesn't push out the firmware how the heck do I get it onto my device?  My understanding is that there is no end-user method of doing so..

Message 5 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

there is no end user upgrade method for Cable devices.

ask your ISP if they will push. we are happy to provide them the signed image to push. 

otherwise, PM me...

Message 6 of 13
buckZor
Guide

Wanted to follow-up. I've received my CM1000 from Amazon and have installed it. I did have to call Bend Broadband for their assistance provisioning and re-associating my Static IP (reserved address) to work with the new modem. I am noticing very nice latency results so far to the first hop BendBroadband router. 16 channels are bonding down (I used to have 4 with my old Arris WBM760A) and 2 channels bonded up.

Attached are screenshots of my "Cable Connection" details, does this look good to those of you who understand these values?

cm1000_startup.png

cm1000_downstream.png

cm1000_upstream.png

cm1000_OFDM.png

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 7 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

both DS and US values look good.

glad latency is good.

if you have contacts as BendBroadband, you can share with us and we can provide them new FW. 

Message 8 of 13
buckZor
Guide

Do you recommend we do that, or if it is working fine should I just let it be on the v2.01.14?

Message 9 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

It depeonds on how bad RF can get on your plant. If it gets bad, you will see issues and 2.01.15 will resolve so that you dont have to manually reset the modem. 

Message 10 of 13
buckZor
Guide

I am having frequent problems now, fixed by rebooting the modem.  I would really like a newer firmware for my modem, HOW do I do that, my broadband vendor does not know how to upgrade the firmware and tells me to talk to the modem vendor (you).  Bend Broadband is my ISP, they are a subsidiary of TDS Telecom.

Message 11 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@buckZor

I have sent you PM about BendBroadband response

Message 12 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

unfortunately, their internal policy is to not support any retail modem upgrades. It is very unfortunate, but that is Bend-Broadbands policy. It applies to any retail device. 

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7