Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C7000v2 bridge mode - 1 active ethernet port

nilsen9
Follower

Netgear C7000v2 bridge mode - 1 active ethernet port

(EDIT - appears that it is common and normal for only one port to be active. This can be closed).

I recently picked up an Eero mesh system and wanted to use my C7000v2 modem/router to just be a modem. As such, I put the gateway into “modem only” mode by turning the router portion off. However, I can only get one Ethernet port on the C7000v2 to work/be active. Since the Eero only has one extra port, I need the extra Ethernet ports on the modem. After turning off router mode does this really only have one active Ethernet port?
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: Netgear C7000v2 bridge mode - 1 active ethernet port

@nilsen9 wrote:
(EDIT - appears that it is common and normal for only one port to be active. This can be closed).

I recently picked up an Eero mesh system and wanted to use my C7000v2 modem/router to just be a modem. As such, I put the gateway into “modem only” mode by turning the router portion off. However, I can only get one Ethernet port on the C7000v2 to work/be active. Since the Eero only has one extra port, I need the extra Ethernet ports on the modem. After turning off router mode does this really only have one active Ethernet port?

As you have found out, in modem only mode only one Ethernet port is active on your C7000v2.  This is normal operation for combination devices. 

A four port unmanaged Ethernet switch is available for under $20 on Amazon.  Make sure you connect it downstream from your router and not between your C7000v2 and the router.

You can mark your post as resolved so others may benefit.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

Re: Netgear C7000v2 bridge mode - 1 active ethernet port

@nilsen9 wrote:

As you have found out, in modem only mode only one Ethernet port is active on your C7000v2.  This is normal operation for combination devices. 

A four port unmanaged Ethernet switch is available for under $20 on Amazon.  Make sure you connect it downstream from your router and not between your C7000v2 and the router.

You can mark your post as resolved so others may benefit.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7