Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear modem not working with xfinity.

BcV
Follower
Follower

Netgear modem not working with xfinity.

My modem stopped connecting to the internet a week ago so I called the xfinity tech to check it out. He said the network was fine and it was the modem not connecting. So I went a bought another Netgear modem and the same exact thing happened. Had another tech come out and said the new Netgear firmware not working with xfinity. Is there anyway to fix this so I don’t need to spend another $200 on a new modem.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Can you give some more detail on whats happening does the modem have all the lights on? are you able to pull the logs from the modem or look at the signal levels?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

please PM me. 

Message 3 of 9
Vichu697
Initiate

Hi!
I’m having a similar issue. My new net gear modem isn’t connecting with the Xfinity connection. The Xfinity modem seems to be working fine and getting strong signal, but the netgear modem isn’t working. The downlink light is solid. But the uplink and internet light is not. Let me know if there are any solutions for this!
Message 4 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Please post power table and event logs..

Message 5 of 9
rwbill
Aspirant

I have similar repeat and frustrating problems.  When working, I have great internet service on comcast over 200 mbps.  Recently, the internet connection frequently drops out completely, although I retain cable and wifi connections from my devices to my router I have no internet service and internet port connection status goes blank, no internet IP address such as 73.xxx.xx.xx .  I have to select Advanced/cable information/Reboot, and in 4-5 minutes internet service is restored after the modem is able to get an IP address from comcast.  However this connection sometimes only lasts 10 minutes before it disconnects again and I have to do the reboot and wait another 5 minutes.

Yesterday instead of a reboot I did a Advanced/cable information/factory reset.  This came alive at least as fast, and of course I had to rename the wi-fi network so devices could access it. This maintained internet connection all evening but before noon today internet connection dropped again.  After doing a reboot 4 or 5 times to get temporary internet connection, I did another factory reset and it continues to work for now.  Any setting or anything I can do to assure reliable internet connection?  I am on version 1.01.32. Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
ssounthala
Initiate

Yea, Same here I have Netgear r7500 and Netgear 16 ports it was working fine until Comcast modem fail. I went to comcast and got a new Xfinity xfi x86. but this new xfinity only has 2 LAN ports. I hung one to my computer and one to my Netgear switch it cuts off internet, and When i connect my netgear R7500 it does the same thing. And now with out my netgear switch working, My devices that are hard wire will not will not work. So, my 4 Dlink camera and 8 cameras for security, my external, 2 Access point devices, 6 computers no longer works. Unless you have a Wifi devices built in to you are devices. But like hard wired because it is more stable and reliable. I am think it is the firmware that I have to update on all my Netgear Products, but is not a guarantee it will work. And I sure hell don't want to spend $200-500 on a new device just because Comcast/Xfinity has a new product with up to date firm ware. it is so stupid, sorry I am frustrated. So,  yea...thanks Comcast, So, no I am thinking Century Link as my Ip service. And I can't update my Netgear products because It can't access in the internet.

Message 7 of 9
gibboneyb
Initiate

Did you find a solution to this problem? I Also have a R7000 and xfinity internet. Wife and I just bought a new house and switched from Cox at the old house which worked fine to xfinity at the new house and im having the same issue. Every week or so the wifi network will change from what we named it back to NETGEAR70. The top three lights will blink then all lights will pop on and the cycle repeats itself for 10 mins or so. I have to log in to my routers IP and then rename the wifi networks for it to work again. Any solution will be helpful

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have R7000 router or a C7000 cable modem router? If a R7000, please post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

If a C7000 cable modem router, please make a new post and post more details so we can help you. 

@gibboneyb wrote:

Did you find a solution to this problem? I Also have a R7000 and xfinity internet. Wife and I just bought a new house and switched from Cox at the old house which worked fine to xfinity at the new house and im having the same issue. Every week or so the wifi network will change from what we named it back to NETGEAR70. The top three lights will blink then all lights will pop on and the cycle repeats itself for 10 mins or so. I have to log in to my routers IP and then rename the wifi networks for it to work again. Any solution will be helpful

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series