Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk C7000 random disconnects every day

SoccerC
Tutor

Nighthawk C7000 random disconnects every day

My router has started to disconnect everyday now. It happens on and off multiple times in a day which is very annoying now. What’s the solution to this. Hard to get Netgear to help.
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you able to post the event log of the modem?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
SoccerC
Tutor

I got a replacement Moderm from Netgear and it worked great for like 2 days before my kids said dad, its off again. it started with going down for 1 min and coming back up, than now going down to like 5 times a day and atlease 30 mins to 1 hr now. so i contacted Netgear and i feel like i finally spoke to someone who knew what needed to be done. it looks like this is an on going problem for the company. So the rep reset all my setting and changed channels on my router and said to try this setting out and if it still gives a problem to than contact Netgear again. 

i hope i dont have to call them again. i really want this to work out. Yes i have screen shots of my Router log. I will update you guys in 24hrs if i come accross the same issue. 

thank you.

Message 3 of 5
SoccerC
Tutor

So I waited for 24 hours and my router went off line again. The upstream light starts to blink, and we loose connection. Than sometimes my internet light blinks and we are out of connection again. So I called nertgear again and was on the phone with them while the tech was looking into it. My internet went down while he was helping us. He stated he will have his highest level techs call me at 4 on Thursday. But no one has called until now, it’s Friday. My internet is still down. Called XFINITY and they are showing no issues on their side. I am just about to throw the netgear router on the street and record it for YouTube, that’s how disappointed I am. I will be walking to Comcast to pick up their router soon. Do not buy Netgear. That’s just my experience.
Message 4 of 5
jameseusarmy
Initiate

Any news on this issue? I’m having the same problems.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series