Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem no internet light

Prestopopper
Aspirant

AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem no internet light

Good afternoon, I have a Netgear C6300 cable modem. We went to bed last night and everything is working fine. 

This morning when we woke up, the internet light is not light and the upload button is continuously flashing. 

After a lengthy call with tech support of my internet provider (Atlantic Broadband), they simply said they see an alarm, but don't know enough about the coding of Netgear to know what it means and they recommended that I "borrow" a rental unit from the office. The office is 1/4 mile from my house so, I grabbed one and plugged it in. Our internet instantly came up and connected. 

When I reboot the cable modem, the internet button will flash green for a second or two before it goes out. I'm using version .21 firmware. I had my laptop hardwired into the modem and it says to check the RF connection. I did. The other modem worked fine. 

Even the cable connection button on the web portal says not connected processing. 

I really don't want to rent a modem from Atlantic Broadband. They charge $22 a month. 

Do I need to buy a new modem? Is there a fix to this? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem no internet light

Was a factory reset on the C modem performed while connected to the coax or disconnected from the coax to see if the modem could be setup from scratch at it's set up wizard web page with a wire connected PC? If this fails, maybe time for a new modem. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Was a factory reset on the C modem performed while connected to the coax or disconnected from the coax to see if the modem could be setup from scratch at it's set up wizard web page with a wire connected PC? If this fails, maybe time for a new modem. 

Message 2 of 5
Prestopopper
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and everything seemed fine and then it went back to connecting then losing the connection.

The internet light is at least flashing now and it went out.

Message 3 of 5
Prestopopper
Aspirant

Victory, the second factory reboot worked!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yay. Glad it's working now. Mark your thread as solved. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7