Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 Access Control Not Working

paphaba
Aspirant

C6300v2 Access Control Not Working

Model: C6300v2  Firmware v1.03.06

Then I go into Access Control with the Netgear Genie all the connected devices are allowed.  No matter that I do (check items, push allow button, push block button, push edit button), I cannot change from allowed status.  Access control is turned on and allow new to connect devices is selected.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Re: C6300v2 Access Control Not Working

@paphaba wrote:

Then I go into Access Control with the Netgear Genie all the connected devices are allowed. 

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.  

Message 2 of 3
paphaba
Aspirant

Re: C6300v2 Access Control Not Working

I am using Windows 10 on a laptop.  It does not work with the Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers.  The Genie software is not installed on the laptop.  It is in the Modem/Router and is accessed by typing the IP address in the browser.  I searched access control in the community and found nothing helpful.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7