Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 Firmware

Frustrated001
Aspirant

C7000v2 Firmware

Pay for 60mbps, yet am consistantly getting only 2-20mbps depending on the day on both wifi and ethernet. Reset router, factory reset. Had comcast come out, check the lines, they were able to pull 1100mbps on the cable. Netgear states firmware version should be V1.02.14 but my modem states V1.03.01. This is obviously a "newer" firmware. Any suggestions on what could be the issue? 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 Firmware

Did the tech test the modem speeds while he was there? 

FW comes from the ISP after NG sends it to ISP for testing and certification on there network. Something to talk to your ISP about. Reference what NG said. 

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in between the ISP service box and modem. 

Message 2 of 4
Frustrated001
Aspirant

The tech did test my modem speeds and was getting the same speeds I was seeing at speedtest.net. He then plugged in his own device and was able to pull 1100mbs down. He also sent a signal down the line with another device that tested the physical integrity of the line. I'm thinking call comcast back and see if they can't push my firmware or boot log again. How can I confirm no splitters, check the line physically? 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes talk to the ISP about reverting.

Yes, you'll need to check the line for any splitters, will look similar to these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rg6+coax+splitter&crid=20LU7602DJVXU&sprefix=rg6+coax+spl%2Caps%2C198&ref...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7