Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100v - Orange light on ethernet port #4

2bornot2b
Follower

C7100v - Orange light on ethernet port #4

(2) comuters using ethernet cables connections to my C7100v modem.  There are (4) ethernet inputs on back on modem. primary home computer connected (ethernet cable).  work computer connected via ethernet cable (required by my job).  however, my work computer can only get a wifi connecton.  there is an orange light on port#4 and reguardless of which ports i use, i can only get a wifi connection on work computer.

i've reboot computer, reset power to modem, used paper-clip to do "hard reset". unable to get lan connection anymore. i'been working with (2) hard connctions for the past 18-months and never had a problem. I have xfinity. My neighbarhood experienced  an outage last night (both cable and internet). however, the xfinity crew came out - made repairs and both cable services were restored. could something they did ouside affected my ablility to have (2) ethernet connects? 

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7100v - Orange light on ethernet port #4

Make sure the work PCs network adapter is set up and enabled and configured properly. Check with work IT department to make sure the ethernet adapter is fully configured and functional for home use. 

Make sure the ethernet adapter drivers on the work PC is updated.

Check other lan ports with the work PC to see if same thing happens on other ports. 

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7