Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM 1200 not connecting to internet

davids87
Aspirant

CM 1200 not connecting to internet

Power went out and my CM1200 cannot longer connect to the internet.

I just with the cable company, and they could not communicate with the device. 

All the lights are on, but the Internet light (the globe) keeps on blinking green. Per the Netgear tech, I need reset and reprogram the router so that it can find the channel. 

I connected my old router and my internet is working. How can I reset and program the router to fix this. 

Thanks

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: CM 1200 not connecting to internet

You connected your old router or modem?

do you have other devices connected to the cm1200?

Message 2 of 6
davids87
Aspirant

No, I connected my old modem just to test if the internet was working from the provider side, and it is. This old modem is connect to my wifi router. 

The CM1200 modem is now just connected to electricity

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you connect your wifi router to the CM1200 modem after you go the modem associated with the ISP service first? 

@davids87 wrote:

No, I connected my old modem just to test if the internet was working from the provider side, and it is. This old modem is connect to my wifi router. 

The CM1200 modem is now just connected to electricity

Message 4 of 6
davids87
Aspirant

Yes, the wifi router was connected to the CM1200 modem and it was working fine for a few days. 

The CM1200 modem stopped working and the "world symbol" light was blinking green. I called the internet provider, they told me they could not communicate with the modem. I called Netgear, they told me it had to do something to do with the "channels", that the CM1200 modem needed to be reset and reconfigured. 

Netgear told me that it was something (the resetting and reconfiguration) that I could do from my end, or that if I paid a fee they could do it from their end. I am trying to find the instructions or the way I can do it from my end. 

I connected my old modem so I could have internet until the issue with the newer CM1200 modem is resolved. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and wifi router. CAT6 is recommended.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON. 

Try a factory reset on the Cm modem. Press the reset button for 10 seconds then release. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7