Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

krgraham
Tutor

CM1000 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

Using this modem with Comcast/Xfinity. Recently I started getting log messages "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing"

Download speed it good and everything seems to be working except Time is NOT established on the modem.

Running firmware V3.01.02. Comcast says this is the latest and after multiple restarts they claim the problem is with the modem, not their service.

What can I do to test the modem itself? Any ideas why this problem is occuring?

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM1000 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

Have you ran speed tests and ping tests and you are having no performance issues?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
krgraham
Tutor

Re: CM1000 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

No performance issues at all. Ping tests and speedtests are all up to spec. Only problem shows up in logs and issue that devices which don't have their own date/time settings are apparently receiving erronious values.

Message 3 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

hi, most likely there was maitenance done in your area which brought down CMTS Line card. 

Are you seeing this every day ? or just couple of times? 

Message 4 of 6
krgraham
Tutor

This is always happening, i.e. it's the only entries in the Log which repeats regularly. 

Message 5 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Please PM CM logs and CM MAC. I think I know you from our beta programs (or may be your name matches someone). 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7