Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 keeps rebooting blinking downstream light

Albertxwtf
Aspirant

CM1000 keeps rebooting blinking downstream light

Context: I’ve had the CM1000 for a few years at this point and today about an hour ago I noticed I was having wifi issues, I went to go check my modem and router (CM1000 and Nighthawk AC2600 respectively) and I restarted both of them and the issue persisted, after a bit of investigating this is what I’ve observed

Issue: upon restarting my modem seems to be in sort of a boot loop, it turns on, all the lights flash for a bit and then the upstream and internet light turn off, with the power, Ethernet, and downstream light stay on. However, the downstream light stays blinking for a few minutes until all the lights turn orange and then it powers off and then it turns on again and repeats the cycle.

I could really use some help trying to figure this issue out
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 keeps rebooting blinking downstream light

When its blinking on upstream/downstream, its searching for a channel to lock and either not finding one or only finding one. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

You can post a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs and we can give you a rough idea of the cable connection.

Message 3 of 5
Albertxwtf
Aspirant

Update: it fixed itself somehow. It just started working again idk
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend posting a screen capture of the cable connections page from the modem here so we can take a look at the signal levels on your modem. Possible they maybe slightly out of spec which could cause the downstream light to blink. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7