Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2: Dynamic Range Window Violation, RNG-RSP CCAP & NO RANGING RESPONSE

rekorx
Initiate

CM1000v2: Dynamic Range Window Violation, RNG-RSP CCAP & NO RANGING RESPONSE

Hello, I recently came across these logs on my modem I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me on what they mean and if they relate to my problem or not.

I tried searching but the only thing i could find was someone else who had a discrepancy between the different channels power not being within 3.5 dBmV.

I've been troubleshooting my network because it feels incredibly unresponsive and frequently spikes. There are times that I've noticed that my download speed had dropped down to almost half of what i currently pay for.

My setup: PC->XR1000->CM1000v2->WAVEBROADBAND.isp

Anyways I'm just going to post the pictures below and hopefully someone mmore qualified than i can figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Logs1.pngLogs2.pngLogs3.pngModem Connection 1.pngModem Connection 2.png

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000v2: Dynamic Range Window Violation, RNG-RSP CCAP & NO RANGING RESPONSE

the the cable connections page just takes a screen snip of the connected channels at the time you load them.

Dynamic range window violations in the log indicate that your power is going out of spec at times. 

The rest of your log supports that. 

What you can try doing? 

Remove any splitters, amplifiers, or signal attenuators going to the modem. 

Check the link for kinks, damage, loose/old/bad/cheap/poor connectors and replace them if you do. 

Preferably, move the modem to right where the coax enters the home. That way it prevents wiring within the home from being the issue. 

then use it for a bit and recheck the logs/cable connections page and post them back here. 

Message 2 of 4
rekorx
Initiate

Re: CM1000v2: Dynamic Range Window Violation, RNG-RSP CCAP & NO RANGING RESPONSE

Thank you for the recommendation. I live in an apartment complex so im not sure how far i can actually follow the line. As far as i can tell my cable upon inspection looks undamaged and in good condition the tips are tight and display no visual damage. i had a technician from my ISP come out here not too long ago and test the lines and it seemed like he thought everything was in perfect working order and that my  daily intermitent drops and spikes were due to the game i was playing. However i dont believe that for a second because otherwise it wouldnt be an every-single-time i use it kind of thing. Do you have any advice on what you should look for if you live in apartments and you think there might be a problem with the coax cables etc?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Problem with apartments is how much of the wiring is actually done behind the scenes in utility rooms. it makes it difficult to trace issues and a lot of times you're left relying on the ISP to fix issues. 

What I've had to do before is rent an ISP modem to prove to the ISP that the issue wasn't my modem. 

I'm not saying you need to do this. I'm just saying that if you've traced the coax in the apartment as far as you can, it limits what else you can do. 

You can make sure to directly connect to the feed that supplies the apartment before they split it to the other rooms. Connect there and see how well it works. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7