Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2 using with Google WiFi v2 on Comcast XFinity MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM

RealEggboy
Tutor

CM1000v2 using with Google WiFi v2 on Comcast XFinity MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM

Hi I've moved this to the correct forum.

Hello! I am trying to connect my new CM1000v2 to Google Wifi but it's not working. When I am in connect mode, my phone, running Google Home, fails to recognize the Google Wifi point.

Google support says Comcast needs to re-provision to enable cloud routers. Comcast, across 3 separate calls, cannot seem to do that.

So, I've struck out with Google support (2 calls/chat sessions) and Comcast support (3 calls/chat sessions).

Anyone have a similar issue that was resolved?

Thanks and help 🙂

Eugene

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: CM1000v2 using with Google WiFi v2 on Comcast XFinity MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM

@RealEggboy wrote:

Hello! I am trying to connect my new CM1000v2 to Google Wifi but it's not working.

Was the new CM1000v2 configured and registered with your cable ISP as lined out in the Nighthawk Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem Model CM1000v2 Quick Start Guide ?

Message 2 of 4
RealEggboy
Tutor

Re: CM1000v2 using with Google WiFi v2 on Comcast XFinity MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM

I @schumaku yes, I've been on 2 calls, one chat, and an inperson visit this AM. The modem is definitely connected and delivering better than expected WIRED speeds to my big honking home computer, but still cannot connect Google Wifi.

I had made two posts, this one in the wrong forum (newbie mistake) and then another in the correct forum, where there is additional stuff going on:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM1000v2-to-Google-Wifi-on-Comcast-cannot-get-...

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The problem would be the Google router and wifi, not the modem. The modem would not prevent or cause wifi problems.

You'll need to refer to Googles support and information for help on there product. 

Try a different wifi router...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7