Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 LACP Reduced Throughput

CPLMayo
Guide

CM1200 LACP Reduced Throughput

Greetings,

I have a CM1200 that I have connected to my Spectrum 1Gbps service. When I enable LACP and connected my pfSense router I initially get fantastic speeds. However after a few hours the link speed drops to ~20Mbps. I have narrowed it down to something on the router end. As If I reboot the router or reset the connection throughput returns to normal.

I know pfSense handles LACP quite well and I am wondering if it is something in the firmware on the CM1200 that is causing the problem. Maybe it is how the CM1200 handles the connection hashing? I am not sure and cannot troubleshoot much further.

I even tried using a UniFi USW-24 switch with link aggregation in between pfSense and the CM1200 but the problem still came up further leading to believe it is something on the CM end.

Could Spectrum be using out of date firmware or not properly provisioning my CM?

For now I have the LACP turned off on the CM and it is working but I wanted to report this here.

Even with just one port in use this CM is far superior to the garbage that Spectrum gave me for free. Just because it’s free doesn’t means it’s any good.

Thanks for your time.
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 LACP Reduced Throughput

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
CPLMayo
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would review this and make posts here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM1200-slows-down-after-24-48-hours-of-uptime-...

Thank you! I probably should have done a search instead of creating a new post.

I have posted in the other thread in hopes of finding a solution.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements