Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 modem access log-in

Deedle28
Aspirant

CM700 modem access log-in

I cannot gain access to my modem online. The userguide has http://192.168.100.1 but I cannot get access. It spins and spins, and then I get a message the page cannot be opened.

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM700 modem access log-in

What happens if you disconnect the CM modem from the coax cable, factory reset the modem and connect up 1 wired PC to the back of the modem leaving the coax disconnected. You should be able to access the modems web page at 192.168.100.1.

However there is no usage tracking features on CM modems. Just diagnostic information and signal logging. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

How are you connecting to it?

do you have a computer hardwired into the modem?

Or is it going CM700------mystery router------device

A couple simple things you can try.

1. change browsers or clear cache on browser

2. Change pc's thats connected. 

3. directly connect to the modem. Reboot it 

Message 2 of 6
Deedle28
Aspirant

The modem in connected to a LInksys router. We have been using a lot more internet data than usual. Our internet is through comcast. They told me if I had one of their modems, I could use an app to see how much data my devices are using. I have my own modem, so they told me to contact Netgear. The owners manual said to enter the IP address. I'm thinking they thought I meant my router and not the modem. I have access to my router already, but I thought comcast said I could access the modem as well for more detailed information. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disconnect the CM modem from the coax cable, factory reset the modem and connect up 1 wired PC to the back of the modem leaving the coax disconnected. You should be able to access the modems web page at 192.168.100.1.

However there is no usage tracking features on CM modems. Just diagnostic information and signal logging. 

Message 4 of 6
Deedle28
Aspirant

Ohhh ok. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you get connected to the modems web page. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7