Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't stop CAX30 from blocking Oculus from internet

Brettmcm
Apprentice

Can't stop CAX30 from blocking Oculus from internet

My CAX30 is blocking my Oculus from connecting to the internet, yet I go to the router, it doesn't show it as blocked. I go to Armor it tells you less than nothing, worthless. 

PS I shut it off Armor and it's still blocked, reset the oculus but it's still blocked, specifically states "BLOCKED BY NETGEAR ROUTER" but the netgear app (also completely worthless) nor the genie gives me any options to manually add it as a trusted device or unblocked it because it doesn't show it as blocked 

Everyday a new headache with this thing 

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated 

PS I DO NOT HAVE THE AX8 I HAVE THE AX6 Which isn't an option, because .... of course 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't stop CAX30 from blocking Oculus from internet WTF

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Enjoy.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you try putting the device into the modems DMZ? 

Message 2 of 6
Brettmcm
Apprentice

I’ve unplugged and rebooted, I’ve port forwarded it, I’ve allowed it’s IP address to any website, found it blocked in the genie just showed up after the reboot, tired to edit won’t let me, try to go to access control tab, freezes, or if it does get to it. The oculus is no longer there to unblock, if it is there when I edit it there’s no option to unblock it. If I go into the app it’s always miraculously showing up, try to use the slider to give it access and it just “thinks” for 5 minutes and then says “failed try again” and that’s as close as I’ve gotten. With Armor off or on, doesn’t change a thing.

Can’t manually enter in the MAC address or approve its MAC address, can’t give it a reserved IP address. Can’t can’t can’t can’t … must be what the “C” in CAX stands for can’t do **bleep**
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

With out using Access Controls or setting any IP addresses, What happens if you try putting the device IP address into the modems DMZ? 

Message 4 of 6
Brettmcm
Apprentice

I just kept trying from the browser genie and eventually it accepted it … not sure why or how come there was such a long delay but it’s fixed
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Enjoy.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7