Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GoFlex Home NAS won't appear on LAN of CG3000

johncaspersmith
Aspirant

GoFlex Home NAS won't appear on LAN of CG3000

My GoFlex Home NAS connects okay and appears on the network of my old ADSL modem (Billion BiPAC 7800VDOX). But when I connect it to our new Optus supplied cable modem Netgear CG3000-2STAUS the relevant LAN port on modem flashes but the NAS does not appear on network. I've checked the network map on the modem portal and it doesn't appear. Tried accessing the NAS with several different Windows and IOS devices without success. Is there a LAN setting on new modem or something else to enable it to work on network? Any suggestions appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
johncaspersmith
Aspirant

Re: GoFlex Home NAS won't appear on LAN of CG3000

Seagate technical support correctly identified the issue. On my old network I had set the NAS to have a particular IP and not obtain an IP automatically. I guess this could be an issue for any network device being moved from one network to another. Here is a slightly abridged version of their instructions:

Connect the GoFlex Home unit back to the  old ADSL modem. Please access the administration page (e.g. Preferences) of the GoFlex Home device by launching the web browser and type-in the IP address of the GoFlex Home; Sign-in with the required GoFlex Home username and password; Check the "network mode or LAN settings" (e.g Obtain an IP address automatically: Yes/No). If you have set it to "No", change it to "Yes" so that it will obtain a dynamic IP address from the router/modem and submit/save the settings. Reconnect the GoFlex Home unit to the new router and check if it will be listed in the router's DHCP client list.
You will see an IP address and a MAC address [ex. 192.168.1.23 and 00:10:75:XX:YY:ZZ]. Note: All Seagate Consumer NAS units  MAC  address will start with 00:10:75;

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
johncaspersmith
Aspirant

Re: GoFlex Home NAS won't appear on LAN of CG3000

Seagate technical support correctly identified the issue. On my old network I had set the NAS to have a particular IP and not obtain an IP automatically. I guess this could be an issue for any network device being moved from one network to another. Here is a slightly abridged version of their instructions:

Connect the GoFlex Home unit back to the  old ADSL modem. Please access the administration page (e.g. Preferences) of the GoFlex Home device by launching the web browser and type-in the IP address of the GoFlex Home; Sign-in with the required GoFlex Home username and password; Check the "network mode or LAN settings" (e.g Obtain an IP address automatically: Yes/No). If you have set it to "No", change it to "Yes" so that it will obtain a dynamic IP address from the router/modem and submit/save the settings. Reconnect the GoFlex Home unit to the new router and check if it will be listed in the router's DHCP client list.
You will see an IP address and a MAC address [ex. 192.168.1.23 and 00:10:75:XX:YY:ZZ]. Note: All Seagate Consumer NAS units  MAC  address will start with 00:10:75;

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7