Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem automatically resets every couple minutes.

QuantumMan
Aspirant

Modem automatically resets every couple minutes.

My modem keeps resetting about every two minutes. All the lights remain green then the upstream and downstream lights start flashing simultaneously in a steady pattern. After that my modem just reboots. I have internet for about 20 seconds before it reboots.

I’ve called my ISP and they said everything is okay on their end. My modem is also up to date.

An electrician came to my home to fix a loose cable in my back yard and the power was turned on and off about 5 times in a rapid succession. That’s when my internet stopped working. Not sure if a coincidence or it’s the cause. I replaced the modem power supply, but the problem persists.

All my other electronics including my Netgear router seem to be working fine. It’s just my router that keeps rebooting. Any else experience something similar to this?
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
QuantumMan
Aspirant

Re: Modem automatically resets every couple minutes.

Just an update if anyone is expereiencing a similar problem. I bought a new modem and called my ISP to de-register the old modem and registered the new one. Internet has been online and working since I replaced the modem. I'm assuming the modem was faulty.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this happen with the coax cable disconnected just to see if LED behavior continues? 

Try a factory reset while the coax cable is disconnected. Check for LED behaviors. 

Then power OFF the modem and re-connect the coax cable and then power ON. 

Message 2 of 6
QuantumMan
Aspirant

Only the power light is solid green and downstream light has a steady blinking green light. All other lights are off.
After about a minute most light start blinking which I’m assuming it’s rebooting itself and the process repeats itself.

When I reset the modem with the coax cable plugged the upstream and downstream lights go back to simultaneous blinking them my modem proceeds to reboot again.

I’m guessing this a modem problem. I’ll go get a replacement modem and update if that fixes my problem. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, get the modem replaced. 

Message 4 of 6
QuantumMan
Aspirant

Just an update if anyone is expereiencing a similar problem. I bought a new modem and called my ISP to de-register the old modem and registered the new one. Internet has been online and working since I replaced the modem. I'm assuming the modem was faulty.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the new modem is working. Smiley Wink

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7