Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 not connecting to Optimum Online

stefand1
Follower

N600 not connecting to Optimum Online

I went away for several months - when I left my Netgear N600 was happily paired with the Optimum network - Arris TM822 Modem. 

When I returned my roommate had disconnected the N600 and put the stock Optimum wifi router in line (terrible wifi signal strength and bandwidth - though it DOES connect and produce wifi signal).

When I try to put the N600 back into the network it doesn't register that any net signal is coming through the ethernet cable attached to the modem.

I've attempted reseting to original factory settings - still no luck. 

When on, regardless of connection via ethernet cable or not, the following lights display;

Power: Orange light - ON

Internet connection light: OFF

2.4ghz: OFF

5ghz: Blue Light - ON 

Network connection lights 1 through 4: All FLASHING orange.

USB: Green Light: ON

First Button Light (looks like a logo for broadcast): OFF

Second Button Light, Padlock Logo: Orange light: ON

Any help would be remarkable. 

My computer is a macbook - so unfortunately I don't have an ethernet port, and I need to get a thunderbolt adapter for that. And none of my available USB cables have the same ends on them which I need to connect to the router via USB

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N600 not connecting to Optimum Online

Hello Stefand1

With cable modems you have to contact your cable provider when hooking up a new modem they have to register it in there billing system and send some signals to it before it will connect up to the internet again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7