Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR CM400 MODEM RMA

Sajoe
Follower

NETGEAR CM400 MODEM RMA

One morning this week I wake to find I have no internet service and I call my ISP support. They have me do the standard plug, unplug, call back, they can't ping the modem so they have to send someone out. I take off a day from work, wait for the service tech who shows up late. He connects some meter and declares that my $70 NETGEAR CM400 modem is not working. Since I own my modem he's ready to leave when I request he put a rented modem in place and I have internet service again.

There seems to be power spikes here so I accepted the diagnosis and since this modem is only 5 months old I go to the NETGEAR website for a warranty replacement. I find that the modem is already registered but I don't know what the email address is that it was registered with. I try my email addresses along with every address I can remember my roomates had about that time. None work. I contact NETGEAR SUPPORT. They tell me I can get a RMA number by registering my product and I go through the story that I don't know the email address the modem was registered with. They transfer me to someone else. I go through this process three times in 45 minutes and have my call dropped (hung up?) on the 4th transfer.

I have the modem and a receipt and I'm not willling to pay "starting at $39.99" for support to get an RMA number for a warranty return. What can I do?

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR CM400 MODEM RMA

Hello Sajoe 

I have sent you a Private message about your case.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
willruddy123
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR CM400 MODEM RMA

I have always liked Netgear products but will never purchase again. From the time I purchased my netgear cm400 modem, my modem disconnects and reconnects constantly. I work from home quit a bit and this is very frustrating. I would say on an average 10, it connects and reconnects every 15 minutes - or less. I went through about 3 months of trouble shooting this with TWC. They even ran a new drop to my home. Nothing they did corrected the problem. The first few months of researching the problem turned up no results. finally I researched again and found the problem I am experiencing is a known and rather common issue this modem. Once I discovered this I called into Netgears tech support thinking they would correct the issue. Boy was I ever wrong! The guy I spoke with stated this was a know issue and knew exactly what needed to be fixed, but but I was out of my 6 month warranty period. Stated I would need to pay 39.99 + for them to fix my modem. What a joke! You know there is an issue with your product and wont stand behind it! This is the last Netgear product I will ever purchase! if anyone else has experienced this issue and knows how to fix, please email me. I would really appreciate it!! wruddy@outlook.com

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7