Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM1000 Confusion and Spectrum

shockwaveriderz
Aspirant

Netgear CM1000 Confusion and Spectrum

I was looking at the Spectrum Approved modem listing for modems >= 400Mbs and it lists the Netgear CM1000V2.
Doing my due diligence I notice there seems to be at least 4 model numbers available:

CM1000V2 »www.netgear.com/support/ ··· 0v2.aspx
CM1000-100NAS »www.bestbuy.com/site/net ··· =5712202
CM1000-1ZNAS »www.netgear.com/home/pro ··· NAS.aspx
CM1000 »www.netgear.com/home/pro ··· 000.aspx

Ok I am officially confused. These can't ALL be the same model? Or are they? Anybody know what if any of the differences there are between them?

How can I be 100% certain that I get the CM1000V2 model which is on the approved list? Where can I get it?
Should I just contact NETGEAR and ask their customer/tech support to be sure?
Anybody have any of these specific model and care to share their experiences with it?

What's the latest firmware version if you are on Spectrum with this modem?

TIA

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear CM1000 Confusion and Spectrum

This is the differences

cm1000v2-version 2

100nas- version 1

1znas- version 1 differnet box that made packaging/opening easier.

cm1000-version 1

I've got both cm1000v1 and cm1000v2 and they function exactly the same for me. I'm on xfinity though. No clue how they'd work for spectrum since i haven't used them.  

if you're concerned about getting a version 2 for compatibility, the amazon listing doesn't show a version but does show what its compatible with. If you buy it and it doesn't work, amazon has free returns. 

Message 2 of 4
shockwaveriderz
Aspirant

OK,Thanks for that info. So we now know there were 3 v1 and 1 v2.  I'm going to contact Netgear  customer/tech support and ask what specifically were/are the differences between the v1 and v2, and If I purchase one direct from Netgears website if I will get the V2 one specifically.  You know I'm usually this **bleep** about things but its a hassle to get something that wont work correctly. I'm assuming Spectrum specifically said CM1000V2 for a reason and did not include the V! version numbers. I'm just trying to do my due diligence as this is a pretty pricey modem. To me. 

Another one of my concerns is particularily as Spectrum is concerned  is they will not push ANY firmware upgrades to ANY modems that are owned by their customers. They will only upgrade their own modems they give out. Netgear on the other hand won't provide any firmware updates to their modems because they say its the ISP's responsibility. I think thats a classic catch-22. 

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Another one of my concerns is particularily as Spectrum is concerned  is they will not push ANY firmware upgrades to ANY modems that are owned by their customers. They will only upgrade their own modems they give out. Netgear on the other hand won't provide any firmware updates to their modems because they say its the ISP's responsibility. I think thats a classic catch-22. 

When spectrum provisions your modem, it includes the firmware they've certified to work for it. Netgear does do firmware updates and sends them to the ISP but its up the isp to actually certify them. many don't because it costs them $. If you see how other isp's are on newer firmware, there are updates but again, since the ISP actually implements them with your provisioning, its up to them to incorporate it. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7