Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000v2 Keeps Dropping Internet

BWyn9
Initiate

Nighthawk C7000v2 Keeps Dropping Internet

My internet at random times cuts out anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 or more minutes. No correlation with outtages. It happens in high stress and low stress times equally. I have tried rebooting, wiping and reconfiguring, changing channels, changing the MUT, tightening coax connections at the wall and at the router, and confirming that upstream and downstreams are locked. Nothing has worked and no one around me in the apartment complex is having the same issue. I've seen threads that say the problem is solved but according to the people who started the threads the problem was never solved. I wonder if it is a hardware issue. I'm fairly irritated at this point as the issue is persitent and no one can find a solution. This equipment isn't even a year old. Please help I have been a netgear customer for around 8 years and this experience is about to wipe all that away and discourage me from ever purchasing another product from them. Finding this solution has been far too difficult and I'm at my wits end with this.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 Keeps Dropping Internet

Does it happen to all devices? Just wireless devices? Just wired? 

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs? 

Message 2 of 6
BWyn9
Initiate

It’s the entire modem itself. Everything connected to it looses internet. The Download, Upload, and internet lights on the modem all go out and then start blinking one by one until they turn solid again and sometimes it will reaquire internet on its own and other times I will have to unplug it or even reconfigure it to get internet back.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Do you have the screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

Message 4 of 6
Gdurney
Apprentice

I have the same modem/router and have been experiencing the exact same issue for the past 2 months and it’s gotten progressively worse. Extremely annoying and making wifi use impossible. Haven’t been able to find a solution. Thinking it’s time to get rid of the Netgear at this point.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Wifi-disconnection/td-p/2144440/jump-to/first-...

@Gdurney wrote:
I have the same modem/router and have been experiencing the exact same issue for the past 2 months and it’s gotten progressively worse. Extremely annoying and making wifi use impossible. Haven’t been able to find a solution. Thinking it’s time to get rid of the Netgear at this point.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7