Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000v2 WiFi Not Working

ketsuekiraven
Follower

Nighthawk C7000v2 WiFi Not Working

Overnight, my WiFi stopped working altogether. It doesn’t show up on the network lists for me to select on any of my devices. I can connect just fine on my laptop if I hardwire it.

I called and had a terrible experience with Netgear. The first guy transferred me immediately. The second guy was mad I didn’t have a case number and then the call dropped and he never called back. The third guy kept repeating the steps I already took and emailed me articles for the steps I already took.

After ending the call, I ended up long pressing the WiFi button on the router twice and magically WiFi worked again.

Today WiFi was working up until about 4pm when it kept going in and out until it disappear altogether from the network list (I was hardwired on my laptop and watching a stream on my Mac like I always do for work when it happened). Tried the same steps I took before . Tried long pressing the WiFi button. Tried unplugging router and waiting. Tried restarted my computer and phone. Tried restarting it from my ISP app. Nothing seems to work. Now I can’t seem to play any internet required games on my console, despite it being hardwired.

I’m just so fed up with Netgear. I don’t want to call again after the fiasco yesterday. Google isn’t returning any results that are helpful. I bought the router brand new May 2020. I don’t understand what changed to make it not work now.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 WiFi Not Working

And are you sure nobody else is pressing the wifi button to turn it off? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7