Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem for XFINITY Voice

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem for XFINITY Voice

CM1150V.jpg

This past CES 2019, NETGEAR announced the world’s first retail DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem with two telephone jacks, for Comcast XFINITY voice. The Ultra-High Speed Nighthawk CM1150V supports all of today’s internet service plans and is designed for the fastest internet speed tiers in the near future. When pairing the CM1150V with a compatible Nighthawk Multi-Gig supported WiFi router, like NETGEAR’s Nighthawk RAX80 Wi-Fi 6 router, you’ll be able to reach ultra-fast internet speeds up to 2Gbps!

Comcast customers who subscribe to XFINITY Voice or Triple-Play bundle will be able to take advantage of the latest cable technology without spending any additional equipment leasing fees. By seamlessly working with your current internet services regardless of speed tier, the CM1150V will provide the best high-performance internet speeds possible, while prioritizing voice over internet protocol (VoIP), for clear and uninterrupted telephone calls.

Additional enhanced call features include 3-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding, and more! For those that need a landline, especially those with a home office, the Nighthawk Cable Telephony Modem for XFINITY Voice is the perfect solution, all while saving you over $156 per year on monthly cable modem rental fees.

For more info on the Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY Voice, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/CM1150V.aspx

Message 1 of 4
kda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem for XFINITY Voice

couldn't stick anything in Model #. Well it is in the subject line. Where can I learn to use all it's features; I have not found a user guide with it other than the quick start up to hook it up to the network. Why would I need 4 ethernet ports? I understand the phone jacks, but how do I use the 3-way calling? Is that something I arrange with Xfinity? Then what can I do with the WAN? Since I bought this thing I want to know how to use it actively rather than just minimally like now. I feel pretty ignorant, so if you could help this kid, I will appreciate it.
Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any voice phone support needs to be handled by your ISP. This modem doesn't support any kind of voice or landline phone services. This modem is only a modem which supports multiple IP addresses from an ISP. This is mostly meant for business environments. For home use, one only needs 1 IP address from there ISP service. If your a home user, then I would recommend a CM1000 modem instead. If you need phone services from your ISP, then the CM1150v maybe something you should review. 

Good Luck. 

@kda wrote:
couldn't stick anything in Model #. Well it is in the subject line. Where can I learn to use all it's features; I have not found a user guide with it other than the quick start up to hook it up to the network. Why would I need 4 ethernet ports? I understand the phone jacks, but how do I use the 3-way calling? Is that something I arrange with Xfinity? Then what can I do with the WAN? Since I bought this thing I want to know how to use it actively rather than just minimally like now. I feel pretty ignorant, so if you could help this kid, I will appreciate it.

Message 3 of 4
jeffreyfrancis
Aspirant

really exciting!!!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements