Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000 (Docsis 3.1 not active according to Xfinity)

bushes
Tutor

Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000 (Docsis 3.1 not active according to Xfinity)

Hello, I have Xfinity Gigabit and am running a CM1000 with an R7000 router and have never gotten over 500mb down while being hardwired. When speaking with a supervisor at Xfinity, he mentioned I am not getting my speeds because Docsis 3.1 is not active on my modem. He stated that I need to call Netgear and have them "Activate" Docsis 3.1 through a firmware update. Has anyone heard this before, and should I do a paid call to Netgear to have Docsis 3.1 activated?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000 (Docsis 3.1 not active according to Xfinity)

Netgear can't do anything with the modem. the firmware is all ISP controlled.  The isp is the one's who push firmware and provisioning to the modem.  The rep was giving you bad information. sorry. They might have provisioned the modem wrong (had it happen). So you can always ask them to re-prevision it. 

do you have a screen snip of your connections page for your modem? Make sure to include the upload/download/ofdm info for us. 

What are you hardwired to? some computers can't hit gigabit speeds even though that have a gigabit port.

What website are you testing with? try speedtest.xfinity.com

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xfinity Gigabit & CM1000 (Docsis 3.1 not active according to Xfinity)

Also did you test your Speed with a wired PC connected directly to the modem with out the R series router being online? 

Try this first. 

Also be sure your model R series routers supports 1Gb WAN to LAN. Some older model routers do not, thus do no have any HW NAT accelleration or Cut Thru support which is needed to achieve speeds near 900Mbps WAN to LAN. 

@bushes wrote:

Hello, I have Xfinity Gigabit and am running a CM1000 with an R7000 router and have never gotten over 500mb down while being hardwired. When speaking with a supervisor at Xfinity, he mentioned I am not getting my speeds because Docsis 3.1 is not active on my modem. He stated that I need to call Netgear and have them "Activate" Docsis 3.1 through a firmware update. Has anyone heard this before, and should I do a paid call to Netgear to have Docsis 3.1 activated?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7