Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

what is support's phone number?

robert-9384
Guide

what is support's phone number?

Can someone please tell me what the phone number is for tech support. It seams in order to get help from the community site, I have to already know the answer.  Could someone please tell me the contact number. If I hook the computer directly to the comcast modem, I get full speed. As soon as I connect it throught either netgear router the download speed is under 50 mbps. Someone made a coment that it was because of t base ten with the cat five cable. As far as I know almost everyone is hooking it up that way with the exception of the power minds who know better. 

So I have the comcat modem then cat5 yellow cable to the wan input to the router and lan connection 1 going to the computer.  So I need a support number please.

The router is the netgear N600  WNDR3400 version 2

Latest firmware updated

Home hookup

Windows 7 x64 pro

Thank you

Message 1 of 21
netwrks
Master

Re: what is support's phone number?

Questions - what's "full speed"? and, have you tried another Ethernet cable?

Message 2 of 21
robert-9384
Guide

Thank you for getting back to me.

The n600 was new in the box and, I am using the new cables that come with it and the one that goes to the computer is new.  I have two netgear routers the n300 and the newer n600.  To be clear! I am not using both routers at the same time!  When I plugged the computer into the comcast box, My kid was playing an online game and gt hacked. I have up t date virus, malware bytes pro and I checked the log file and I was getting DOS, port scans then the computer started going wild and malware bytes poped up it has stopped and other problems cam up to many to list.  This ALL happend after I unpluged the n300 and not the n600 router. I had to do s system re-install snd put the n600 back inline and no more problems.  I don't want to spend $179.00 on a wifi router. I hard wired the computers so no wifi is needed of wanted. I do not know how to access the comcast routers setup and comcast does not want to assist. They want to send a tech to do it for the extra money. I guess the n600 is not a have 1000 mb throughput.  I am not up to all this stuff and, that's why I came her for help! Can you recomend a non wifi router that does not have wifi. A router with four outputs and I now to plug the cable from the comcast doc3 modem then to the yellow wan input.  I had a dlink before and had no problems. Yes I know, I should dump the netgear and get a dlink. I get it!  They have a live person tech support where netgear has busy signals or non working numbers and they do NOT answer e-mails. Thank you for getting back to me.

Message 3 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello robert-9384

If you are looking to contact support try this link.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 4 of 21
robert-9384
Guide

The same link with NO phone number.  WOW!

Message 5 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello robert-9384

If you go through the prompts it will give you the contact info.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 21
robert-9384
Guide

No one has an idea why when I insert the n600 between the comcast modem and computer why my download speed cuts to less than half speed? There is nothing wrong with the cat5 cables! What will putting the router in bridge mode do and where is the setting in the routers menu?  WIFI is totaly disabled. I don't use it! I am using the router for firewall protection. How come no one who works for this company can't respond other than a line that does not answer any questions. Still no phone number. What tis the company hiding? All this company wants is great reviews and it seems everything eles is not worth the time. 

Message 7 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello robert-9384

I have sent you a private message.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 21
Rondnich
Initiate

You customer service  department absolutely sucks.  Why do you hide your phone number as if it is top secret .    I will be returning arlo system if I didn't get a reply in less then 4 hours .   ridiculous 

Message 9 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Rondnich

Did you ever recieve help with your Arlo I linked the Arlo community down below if you are looking for help.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Smart-Home-Security/ct-p/Arlo

DarrenM

Message 10 of 21
robert-9384
Guide

There is no help here. Why have a support site when there is no help other than remarks.

Where is the phone number. Why is it a big secret? What is netgear hiding? A small phone staff what.  I should have stayed with D-line. They have a live active support number and it's posted for all to see.

Message 11 of 21
RustyHarrison
Initiate

Phone Number Please

Message 12 of 21
GMcG
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem with getting support for my C6300.  I spent 2+ hours on a call to find out my route was broken - bought new router and had similare problem after 1.5 hrs was told router defective.  Have new router same issue with slow wirless connection - cannot get through on support #.  Just about ready to send back the product and by a different brand.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 13 of 21
laplaceaj
Aspirant

need help with my router

Message 14 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello laplaceaj

Can you be more specific on the issues that you are having and the model of the router you have.

DarrenM

Message 15 of 21
laplaceaj
Aspirant

It is a Netgear 10 and does not stay connected all the time.
Message 16 of 21
weichele
Aspirant

Does anyone have the tech support tele number within the USA? Dealing with international tech is extremely frustrating. Thank you

Message 17 of 21

Hey Darren, instead of asking the poor guy what his model number is, why don't you just answer the question in the title of the thread?

WHAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT?

By hiding the way you are, you are simply providing fuel for an army of Internet crooks who are happy to put up phone numbers and then scam your customers.  Is that any way to behave?

Message 18 of 21
BruceCMD
Initiate

I want the live tech support number

Message 19 of 21

Netgear live human tech support:

408-907-8000

It is actually Netgear corporate, but if you folow the press 1, press 2 stuff, it will take you to tech support.  This is really funny -  I posted this number here last week and someone took it down.  I guess they don't want to be bothered.

Message 20 of 21
Kaiulanis
Initiate

what good is the #$%^ing link to suppoort if NONE of the options/links work? Email NO. Chat NO. Phone NO.

So much for complimentary support for 90 days. Why are you intentionally locking your customers out? I am SO going to trash your company on the Internet.

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7