Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xfinity I'm only able to load ipv6 webpages, ipv4 doesn't work

funkstatic
Aspirant

xfinity I'm only able to load ipv6 webpages, ipv4 doesn't work

I just got a CM1000 to upgrade my modem, and after going through setup with comcast, the only webpages I can load are ipv6 ones (google, youtube, xfinity site.)  Ipv4 ones don't work at all.  I've been on the phone with comcast for hours now and they claim it is not their problem.

The kicker to this is, I'm completely unable to access my modem settings through it's IP address.  It just fails to connect. (Pinging that IP came back with nothing as well.) SO I'm unable to check any settings on the modem.

Any suggestions on how to get connected to my modem? 

I'm stumped here, and Comcast doesn't seem to know anything about my ipv4 problem either.

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
funkstatic
Aspirant

Re: xfinity I'm only able to load ipv6 webpages, ipv4 doesn't work

I performed another factory reset on the modem, and then used the gf's pc to connect to it, which worked.

All of a sudden everything is functioning normally... and I'm able to load all webpages of both types.

No idea why the first attempts at factory resets didn't get me there, but whatever it works now!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
funkstatic
Aspirant

I will also add that currently I'm testing without a router, just running directly into my computer.

Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] I'm completely unable to access my modem settings through it's
> IP address. [...]

Which "[its] IP address" is that?  Determined how?  Have you tried
"192.168.100.1"?

> [...] I'm testing without a router, just running directly into my
> computer.

What's the IP address of your (unspecified) "my computer"?

Message 3 of 5
funkstatic
Aspirant

Yes I'm trying to connect to 192.168.100.1.  It just times out and says it can't connect.  Even pinging that IP returns nothing, which seems strange.

Message 4 of 5
funkstatic
Aspirant

I performed another factory reset on the modem, and then used the gf's pc to connect to it, which worked.

All of a sudden everything is functioning normally... and I'm able to load all webpages of both types.

No idea why the first attempts at factory resets didn't get me there, but whatever it works now!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7