× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 Pro Connection Issues and Power Issues

StuartCRyan
Tutor

Nighthawk M6 Pro Connection Issues and Power Issues

Hi All,

I have a Nighthawk M6 Pro (Telstra, Australia). I am having a couple of problems and I am wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts:

• Connection can be flaky, sometimes connects (high signal strength) then disconnects, and later reconnects
  • When I attempt to use the device without the battery (as per the manual), if there is no battery on boot, it just loops over and over and over flashing the Netgear logo and never completes booting. If I let it boot then remove the battery, it works for 60 seconds then powers down
  • Sometimes when attempting to boot without the battery, I have it plugged into a USBC Charger (straight to power point) and it shows the error screen showing that I should plug it into a power adapter, not a computer (when it is not plugged into a computer)

Has anyone experienced these, or, is there possibly a new firmware on the way that might address some of them?

Thanks,

Stuart

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro Connection Issues and Power Issues

Really sounds like your power adapter isn't putting out the power it needs. I have the MR6110 and it works/boots great without the battery. But only if I'm giving it enough power. Some of my powerbanks won't power it at all. That's what I'd start with checking

Message 2 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

A maintenance release is being tested in Telstra. The issues mentioned will be addressed in the maintenance release. ETA for the release is in April. 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 3 of 6
StuartCRyan
Tutor

Hi @JohnPeng 

That is great to know, is there per chance a Beta version available for this?

Thanks,
Stuart

Message 4 of 6
StuartCRyan
Tutor

Thank you! Seems like this might be a known issue with my firmware edition. Hoping I can get a beta version!

Message 5 of 6
igorjrr
Guide

This keeps confirming how M6 Pro is an unfinished product full of bugs. If you can, return it for a full refund.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7