Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot turn on Circle

mckmck
Aspirant

Cannot turn on Circle

Cannot turn on Circle
I have not been able to turn on Circle for my router. If I login via the Nighthawk app, there is no parental controls option. If I login via the computer, the Parental Controls option is grayed out. I was able to get to the Parental Controls option manually by typing in "http://www.routerlogin.net/Parental_controls.htm". When I do, I can turn o/off the basic parental controls, but anytime I try to turn on the Circle, it just says "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cable/DSL modem.". I've tried rebooting & the firmware is V1.0.11.100_10.2.100. I’ve been using the premium services for quite some time so I hoped the recent issue with Circle premium was going to resolve my issue but it has not.

I can't figure out what else to try. Hoping someone else has an idea.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mckmck
Aspirant

Re: Cannot turn on Circle

With enough poking around, I found the solution to my problem.  The AP mode had been turned on in the advanced settings for some reason.  As soon as I turned this back to router mode, I was able to turn Circle back on.  All is working fine now.  Steps below in case you have a similiar issue.

1. Logon to routerlogin.net
  2. Go to Advanced tab -> Advanced Setup -> Router/AP/Bridge/Repeating Mode
  3. Make sure AP mode is not selected (Parental Controls including Circle are not supported in AP mode)

Picture attached to show where this is found.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mckmck
Aspirant

With enough poking around, I found the solution to my problem.  The AP mode had been turned on in the advanced settings for some reason.  As soon as I turned this back to router mode, I was able to turn Circle back on.  All is working fine now.  Steps below in case you have a similiar issue.

1. Logon to routerlogin.net
  2. Go to Advanced tab -> Advanced Setup -> Router/AP/Bridge/Repeating Mode
  3. Make sure AP mode is not selected (Parental Controls including Circle are not supported in AP mode)

Picture attached to show where this is found.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mckmck,

Thanks for sharing your experience as it may help others who may experience the same issue. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7