Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Circle sucks. Support sucks. I want my money back...

innerbooty
Tutor

Netgear Circle sucks. Support sucks. I want my money back...

I've only been using Circle for about two weeks. My big mistake was paying for a year in advance, and then seeing the fine print saying that if you paid via Apple through the App that they can't refund your money. Bedtime doesn't work for video games, which defeats the whole purpose of getting the useless app in the first place. No one has offered any helpful advice for this. The admins on this board seem to prefer to send private messages to people instead of answering the question SO EVERYONE CAN SEE IT! Isn't that the point of a message board??? Also, I love how ONLY if you have Netgear with Circle do you need to pay for support. Paid support? Who does that in this day and age?? Then, last night, I see that my son has set himself up as an Admin to Manage the Circle network. Obviously he snuck onto my phone and got the passcode. So - I want to reset the passcode, but it seems you can't do that. Or can't do it easily. In any case, I can't find an answer here... So I want my money back. Waste of money, and lots of my time so far...

If anyone out there - obviously not a Netgear admin - actually has any helpful advice I would LOVE to hear it...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear Circle sucks. Support sucks. I want my money back...

Have you submitted a ticket to Netgear? You might also try posting this on the forum specifically for Circle at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Also, consider filing a complain with the Better Business Bureau.  They have multiple 1-star reviews from upset NG customers.

Message 2 of 6
innerbooty
Tutor

Hi, thanks for the reply! I realized after I submitted this that I had clicked on the wrong "Start a new Thread" button (they of course don't make it clear that that button is not a new post in the forum you are currently in...) . So I also posted again on the Circle family thread. Thanks for your suggestions!

Message 3 of 6
innerbooty
Tutor

Also, unless I mistaken, I don't see anywhere on the Netgear support site where I can submit a ticket without signing up and PAYING for a support plan first... paying for support in order to get a refund for a lousy product??

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@innerbooty wrote:

I've only been using Circle for about two weeks. My big mistake was paying for a year in advance, and then seeing the fine print saying that if you paid via Apple through the App that they can't refund your money. 

That's caused mostly the wonderful T&C in place by Apple (and Google FWIW).

You might start here -> Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple 

@innerbooty wrote:

Bedtime doesn't work for video games, which defeats the whole purpose of getting the useless app in the first place. No one has offered any helpful advice for this. 

-> Contact Circle on NETGEAR Support ... call them up on the number indicated.

"The agents there will help you know whether you are seeing an issue with your router or an issue with your Circle account, and their technical support is fully trained on the Circle software embedded in your device. Make sure you mention that the product you are using is Circle on NETGEAR, and let them know your purchase date is the most recent renewal date for your subscription."

@innerbooty wrote:

Also, I love how ONLY if you have Netgear with Circle do you need to pay for support. Paid support? 

Bet you have contacted Netgear's standard consumer support instead of the dedicated channel mentioned above - their Q&A to grant support allowance is based on the limited support windows on a new product (three months) 8-[

@innerbooty wrote:

Then, last night, I see that my son has set himself up as an Admin to Manage the Circle network. Obviously he snuck onto my phone and got the passcode. So - I want to reset the passcode, but it seems you can't do that. 

Looooool (Sorry 8-/) -> Discussed and explained here in the community befoe: Disney Circle Passcode Reset ... if not, as above.

Just yet another Netgers user (mainly business side) and never touched Circle.

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

-> Contact Circle on NETGEAR Support ... call them up on the number indicated _or_ use the other option:

Want support via other options?

1. Visit NETGEAR's support site here
  2. Under the heading Contact NETGEAR Support, select Get help on my NETGEAR Product.
  3. Then check the I have a NETGEAR product without a serial number option
  4. Enter Circle as your product and enter your most recent subscription renewal date for Circle on NETGEAR Premium.
  5. This process will get you the best contact info for Circle on NETGEAR support. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7