× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2 cable modem no download but has upload

MatSprink
Follower

CM1000v2 cable modem no download but has upload

Hi all!
Feeling a bit hijacked here by Netgear and Xfinity/Comcast. Bought this modem new in March 2021, was tired of paying the monthly $15 to rent a modem that constantly has to be restarted. Netgear wanted me to pay before they would diagnose, I don't understand what the point of warranty is then. They need to just remote diagnose first, then tell me if it is a user issue and will be a charge to fix or not or covered under warranty.

So around Oct 23rd at about 10pm then continually all night the Netgear modem would go offline. When I would get up for work I would have to manually restart it to get it to come back up online and it would stay up until again a little after 10pm. Then after about a week it just stopped completely. I maintained upload speeds, but download disappeared. I checked the logs (uploaded a screen shot) and thought there was a distortion in the line but Xfinity came and checked and there isn't, all the way from the main box outside to where my modem sits in the living room.

I went to the Xfinity store and the rep there told me a firmware update/upgrade was pushed recently out on October 23rd to 25th and it's bricked several users of the Netgear CM1000v2 and CM1100's, but isn't sure why it's happening nor who to contact. So I had to pick up one of their stupid modems again and now my speed is running fine.

Any idea how to back out firmware???
It has v7 and was told to roll it back to v6 then try reinstalling v7 again to fix it per Xfinity.
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000v2 cable modem no download but has upload

The firmware is part of the provisioning with modems. So when xfinity provisions it, thats what has the integrated firmware. 

There's no downgrading it. 

but your logs are indicating a line issue. 

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7