× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MAG IPTV Set-Top Boxe fails to connect

wadinho
Aspirant

MAG IPTV Set-Top Boxe fails to connect

Hi guys,

I need help because I am getting very frustrated with this situation. I have just bought a MAG 254 which is an IPTV box basically to watch TV. I have tried to set up wifi connection but for some reasons it fails connecting to my network. I assume there is a problem with my router settings but I can't see what.

I found in the LOGS section in the advance settings this:

WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC 7C:DD:90:C2:E1:33, Saturday, Oct 01,2016 06:50:26

but I don't know the reason. I have 4 other devices connected to my network and they are all working ok. I remember having an issue connecting my printer as well and I ended up using a router PIN to make it conenct but I can't do that trick with this IPTV box.

any suggestions ??

thanks a lot

Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: MAG IPTV Set-Top Boxe fails to connect

Be sure you are entering the Wi-Fi password correctly.  Wi-Fi passwords are case-sensitive.

Other than that, make sure the MAG 254 is using the same form of Wi-Fi security as the router (e.g. WPA, WPA2).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Be sure you are entering the Wi-Fi password correctly.  Wi-Fi passwords are case-sensitive.

Other than that, make sure the MAG 254 is using the same form of Wi-Fi security as the router (e.g. WPA, WPA2).

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

check the manual too....... some devices do not work with special characters in passphrases

Message 3 of 4
wadinho
Aspirant

ok it is working...I have changed my password and removed the $ sign from my previous password

thanks a lot guys for your help! I hope this thread will help other people in th future

cheers

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7